Building Better Opportunities (BBO) – Evolve Programme
Evolve is a new project which supports disabled people living in Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth & East Staffordshire.
Are you a disabled person or someone with a long term health condition living in Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth & East Staffs and you are looking for support to get into employment? Then our Journey To Work programme may be able to help you.
Journey To Work is a proven programme which helps people to build their skills and gain the knowledge and confidence to find and sustain employment. DRC are offering Journey To Work to disabled people in Staffordshire as part of the Evolve project which is funded by the European Social Fund and Big Lottery Fund.
Journey To Work is an innovative, life-changing programme which helps unemployed and economically inactive disabled people and people with long term health conditions overcome barriers to employment.
Journey To Work Programmes are run over 12 weeks for one day per week and are completely free of charge. You can be referred by your local job centre or sign up yourself. Programmes are open to anyone who is disabled or has a long term health condition who is unemployed or economically inactive living in Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth & East Staffs.
The programme provides:
- Personal assessment of needs
- One to one advice and guidance
- Weekly classroom based sessions helping reduce barriers to work
- Volunteering and work experience placements
- Access to job clubs providing vacancies and application support
- Pairing with buddies to provide informal peer support
- On-going support to sustain workJourney To Work builds skills through classroom based sessions. The programme encourages people to feel motivated, confident and to have higher self esteem. People who have been on Journey To Work have said it helped them to manage their own conditions and promoted good mental health and healthy lifestyles. Journey To Work students can also learn how to better manage personal finances, stay safer at home and in the community as well as developing skills to help them apply for jobs such as CV writing and personal presentation for interviews.If you live in Cannock, Lichfield, Tamworth & East Staffs then please get in touch with us to find out more and book a place on the next course in your area, contact Disability Resource Centre on 0303 040 20 40