Every donation to DRC makes a big difference. Whether you raise pennies, pounds or hundreds of pounds, you will help us to continue our life changing work for disabled people.
Fundraising is also a great way to meet new people, develop your skills and do something you are really proud of. If you are thinking of fundraising for DRC, here are a few of our favourite ideas to inspire you….
- Host a coffee morning – Invite your friends round for a coffee, a natter and a slice of cake. Give everyone plenty of notice so they can put the date in their diaries and let them know you’ll be fundraising for DRC. Bake a few cakes and ask attendees to make a donation in return. You could also raise extra money on the day by running a small raffle or a ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition.
- Save your pennies – If you are up for the challenge, we will send you one of our new collection tins, and your task is to fill it with all your loose change! You could also ask everyone in your family to look through their purses each week and empty their pennies (or pounds!) into the collection tin. Or you could take the collection tin into work for the day… just make sure to get permission from your employer first!
- Get sponsored – Fundraise for DRC and achieve something you’ve always wanted to do. Whether you want to jump out of a plane, run a half-marathon, or simply give up chocolate for a month, get in touch and we can provide you with some simple tools and resources to help you raise money.
In Your Community
- Dress down for DRC – Whether it be at work or at school, everyone loves a dress down day, and it’s a great way to raise money if everyone pays a pound for the privilege. Why not give the day a theme? Everyone could wear their PJs or you could all wear green to fit DRC’s brand colours!
- Organise a collection – Get together a group of friends and family and spend a couple of hours collecting for DRC. Approach your local supermarket to ask if you could collect in their store for a couple of hours on a busy day. Many get booked up in advance (especially around Christmas) so plan well ahead! We can provide you with all the materials you will need.
- Organise a cake sale – You can do this at school, at work or at your local community centre. Just ask for permission from the building owner and get baking! After all, who doesn’t love cake?!
Do you have an idea for a fundraising event, but need some advice on putting it into action? Contact Jenna Wills, Head of Fundraising & Marketing, on 03030 40 20 40 or email email@example.com . Jenna will be happy to assist you with your fundraising idea.