Are you looking for a new challenge and have some spare time?
Would you like to learn some new skills and build your confidence?
Do you want to meet new people and help a great local cause?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then maybe you should think about volunteering for the Disability Resource Centre!
- Customer services
- Marketing and PR
- Information and support
- Mentoring and befriending
If you would like to find out more about volunteering, contact Kay Lane, on 03030 40 20 40 or email email@example.com.
We have the current volunteer roles:
Post: DRC Trustee (voluntary) Risk, Quality and Compliance
Hours: Commitment to prepare for and attend board meetings, sub-committee meetings and other events/activities as require
Salary: unpaid voluntary role (expenses are covered)
Trustees will have a strong empathy with our mission to empower disabled people and those with long term health conditions to take control of their own lives and to actively seek out opportunities to achieve their full potential as individuals in mainstream society by building a sustainable business.
The commitment involves:
- Reading and responding to emails via a dedicated email account that will be set up for such use
- Reading papers/ reports in preparation for meetings
- Attending meetings (approximately once every two months) – up to two hours, usually during normal working hours.
- Attendance at the charity’s Annual General Meeting (once per year).
- Being actively involved in meetings and scrutinising / challenging where appropriate.
- Attendance at board planning days (once per annum usually half a day).
- From time to time Disability Resource Centre have sub / task and finish groups who meet more frequently, for example to develop a specific work-stream where your skills experience may be needed. Sub groups would meet up to 6 times per year.
- From time to time Trustees may attend training, conferences, networking or strategic meetings relevant to their specialist skills and experience.
- A Non-Executive Directors role is a voluntary position; however reasonable expenses to attend meetings can be claimed.
Please follow the link for our full trustee application pack here: DRC Board Trustee Risk Quality and Compliance Recruitment Pack – May 2021
To apply, please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills and experience would add value to the Board and meet the person description above to the Chief Executive and Company Secretary.
Louise Mckiernan, Chief Executive and Company Secretary
Telephone: 030 30 40 20 40
The Yardley Neighbourhood Network Scheme (of which DRC is the lead agency in the Yardley Constituency and is working in partnership with Age UK Birmingham to oversee and coordinate the project) is looking for a Chair and Vice Chair to join their Steering Group (voluntary roles). Click on the links below to read the person specifications:
To apply, please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating how your skills and experience would add value to the steering group and meet the person specification.
Ambreen Khan, Service Manager – Employment, skills and Community Development
Telephone: 030 30 40 20 40